Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you gave thanks for all the blessings you have. My most memorable Thanksgiving was last year's. We went to my aunt's house in New Hampshire. Me and my cousins were watching the parade in the family room, while the above 30 adults were helping to cook dinner. I decided to head into the kitchen to get some more nuts, when I noticed a weird smell. All of a sudden, my aunt shrieks, "The turkey's on fire!" She took it out, and sure enough, flames licked the edges of the bird. The entire house was filled with smoke, so we went outside in the freezing cold and waited. One of my adult cousins was from L.A. He and his girlfriend had just flown in and she was still sleeping upstairs. So my cousin sprints up the stairs to get her, and brings her outside. What a way to wake up! Amazingly, the turkey was the best I ever tasted. What was your favorite or most memorable Thanksgiving day? Comment below.

4 comments:

  1. The most memoralbe Thanksgiving I have had was probably last year. My cousin and my uncle had an epic eat off. They ate a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie!

    Thanks so much for adding my poems to your website! It means a lot to me that you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, your poems are great. Who won the eat off?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was actually my cousin. He is a couple years out of college, and he can really eat when he puts his mind to it.

    ReplyDelete